Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

M'sian Night 2008 : A Royal Tribute

Oh internet, when I need you, you broke down…sigh
But that doesn’t stop me to update my blog…
I hav been missing from cyber world almost about a wk..
Since las 2 wks, evy single day the purpose of checking my email was just to get in contact with Jack fr National Bank n Robert from Intercontinental Hotel..
Frankly speaking, I am so so so H-a-p-p-Y that M’sian Night is over. And important thing is it ended with a happy note!

I am glad that evyone has lotsa fun on sun night. Seriously, mirah & I didn’t expect will be that success though... u shud see how hard v work through the break when evy1 is suppose to sleep,eat, enjoy to the max...well, I do not deny that we did complain bit here n there when we are given such responsibility.

As we two share a common characteristic which is to make sure evythg work till perfect, so from evy single tiny mini aspect like the font of the pamphlet or even just colour on the invitation card, we took up lotsa time to finalise it. Aha..well, ppl started to think that v r stupid, but there we are =p

To me, m'sian night was all good. I feel thankful. There are no major glitches that affect the running of the whole programme. Dato arrived on time and surprisingly we managed to end on time too. It’s so exciting to see evyone dress up so royal-ly which suit perfectly to the theme =)

Even though this yr m’sian nite was held in relatively small scale compared to previous yr, for this ppl will start to think that the committee were not that efficient, still I think we hav a mini wonderful Malaysian gathering. Talking about food, thankfully, there were no wrong serving of food, all the food taste good as well. Sadly, I doesn’t got much time to savour all the foods served, when ppl eating dessert, I m having my main course, when ppl having dessert, the event ends. Sounds pathetic rite? but at least, the dessert didn’t turn me down..lol I m sure ppl will agree me that the apricot crumble with vanilla sauce taste so heavenly good which makes u demand for more n more ;))

When it comes to dance, there is only one thing that the dancers will complain- the mini stage! Sorry la for all dancers, I have requested for the maximum 6 blocks of stages.. It was really difficult to dance at such small stage. I know my Chinese dance were abit mess up.. but aha… bravo to all dancers, we hav make a good job in entertaining guests..hehe=)

Video presentations went well too. Sincere thanks to the AV team, Fred, Haziq & Ain who hav did a good job in ensuring that there is no-technical-problem situation exist. As I was such a blur on AV, the AV team had really did a good job in helping out.

I was really thankful to evy single person who hav helped out in making this event a success!

Recognition should be given....

First. To our Mdm Director, AMiraH, =D! From the day we accept the position till the end of the event, there are so many unexpected things that keep giving us heart attacks, the sleepless night, the odds that both of us hav gone through, yay, give me five, we did it! I guess that most happy award shall be granted to we two. ha=)

Two.To the m’sian night committee, bravo to all of u guys, u guys did a good job! To irin who has helped out in dealing with sponsors..to the marketing dudes, iqmal n ahmal who hav trying hard for promotion n ticketing, to the media team, fifi for setting up the websites, Haziq n ain for making all the videos, the experienced Fred who has alwiz ensure how all the av system goes ok.To the protocol officer, Ellin n all the usherers who have helped out in collecting donations or in terms of ushering VIPs, thank you. To Iynas, who has been so hardworking in ironing all the costumes for the dancers as well as ensuring all the dance performances go ok..To the Ms Head operation, Shaza n her assistant, Lenon who hav ensure the flow of programmes went smoothly. Sorry Shaza, I know u miss out the good foods…don’t wori, ur contribution is much appreciated. n to our Mr photographer, Elun who has been taking all the pics for the night…thumb up!

Three. To all the volunteers, the receptionist, guest presenters n so called las minute helpers, thanks for helping out. Thanks Auni for helping in lighting n Nadiah on handling audio n Najwa in calculating the votes. Tq tq! To Farah who has volunteer in helping out the designing of poster n tickets, thanks

Four. To the décor team, Ain, Pok Jat, Kay n Nadirah, gosh the backdrop looks fabulous! Good job guys! very good =)

Five. To the tekota gals, A big hug to all of u! Thanks to Fatinn who has alwiz willing to help out in designing the tickets n the programming books, to Jiejah n Wan Ling n Iynas who has alwiz been so caring of preparing coffee n food for me during the late nights, helping out in wrapping the presents n labels, for sending me home on the middle of the night! U gals are sweeettt!! N thanks for all the encouragement that u all hav gav me through where one word of thank you is far beyond sufficient.

Six. To most of the top committee, Farah, Nana, Daz, Shaz, Nonie n Haz thanks for helping out in getting the funds n sincere thanks in giving all the advices that lead me through in organizing this event.

Seven. To Aunty Rose. Your wisdom advices and encouragement, I have learnt. Much appreciated.

Congratz to all the winners for lucky draws! Well, its so sad when I wrap most of the presents but I get none bck...so sakit hati la when the ipod jatuh kepada tangan Kay, at least I want a food voucher la! Well, I m so not lucky ;p grins. To all the award recipients, congratz to you too!!! N to Palie & Liz who has been crowned as best dress, u two deserve it, congratz!

Although I didn’t get much time to sit down n enjoy my food n the show (especially during the raja lawak award giving..), but deep in my heart, I am happy when evy1 enjoy the event! Especially to the seniors, we hope that it will bring memorable memories =)

2 comments:

Yusuf Ibrahim said...

Is that you Yi Chin? wow

YicHiN said...

ahaha...yea..its me;)
cant recognise me?