Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kayu Manis v Wan Ling's bday

Kayu Manis + Buka Puasa + Bday celebration.
All this was held on las wed.

We hav a belated bday celebration for Apo, Haziq n Fred while at the same time hav a surprise bday celebration for Neo Wan Ling!

All of us were really excited since it’s the 1st time to try out the meal at this newly open m’sian restaurant. As they hav this meal set which cost only $12 dollar in relation to this bulan Ramadan, I were so so eager to try it out n frankly I hav a high expectation on it!

But then it end up wasn’t be that way…

Irecalled we had a large bday celebration at satay kajang months ago, where few tables were connected to each other to form a long table just to fit 30 of us ;p


But kayu manis did it in a different way. not only 'squeeze' all us down at the ground floor instead of the first floor (which I get bit disappointed). the owner separated 30 of us into 6 tables.. which seems pretty weird to me as we cant really sit together and hav our meal 2gether..but probably the place is too small to combine all tables together, so v had no choice, jz duduk saje la..

The aunty of ms owner was kind of pissed off that night which make all of us really freaked up. When I handed her the tq letter for sponsoring the las m’sian nite, she gav me tat look which was so so So sombong which make my smily face turn off for a while. fair enough that she get pissed off bcoz all of us didn’t reach on time, but seriously her look was really scary…

Talking about food..hmm..
The $12 set meal was supposed to be 4 main dishes ,2 desserts with complimentary air syrup n dates

At the start, on the table was served murtabak which I cant eat since its beef, roti canai which don’t come with curry kuah, the pedas mihun goreng which is so yummy n dates which I don’t eat n a piece of kuih talam...
basically I enjoy eating just the mihun goreng but in a jiffy, its all gone…hehe

Another dessert will be the bubur pulut hitam...this one sedap! Even though its self service, but not much was served.so I don’t dare to take much too. aiks


















After starter n dessert, nex up time for serving main course. there are 3 choices, rice with either curry seafood,chicken or daging… u shud see the portion.. gosh… mcm ni how to satisfy our hunger? Especially those serve with beef, just 3 small ketul daging + little vege + little kuah, aha…I bet no one is full.. WE WANT MORE!













**stg wrong on my blog...sori for the messiness!**

well, the owner hav to understand v no longer need m’sian portion serving, our stomach ady adapt to wellingtonian portion..wakaka XD
We tried to ask aunty " ada lagi ke?" , her answer was “ u still not full ar?”

that make me speechless for awhile…

then come to time for bday celebration ;) Apo, Haziq N Fred's cakes were served first.














After the singing songs while evy1 was bz eating cake, its time to bring out Wan Ling's cake! While IYnas was litting up the candle, Wan Ling managed to spot it. eleh~ not fun ...she asked me y there was another cake, I gav her such a lame reason & answered " I dunno..(^^)" so here is the cake!


It was so funny la when we brought out the cake while singing the bday song along the way to Wan Ling.
she thought the cake was for someone else. she looked to her left and look bck to the cake again. unbelievable it seems...hehhehe SURPRISE!

Without the big 4 bday cakes, I guess we will not be filling..
Gosh…I think I m gonna killed by kayu manis if they read my blog…hope they don’t ok! frankly I dun feel like goin bck to kayu manis again... probably there are other authentic food that taste real good...who knows...As long we managed to achieve our aim which was to give wan ling a surprise, that is pretty enough satisfactory ;)



I knew its late, still Happy Belated 21st ,WAn Ling! We hope u like the card n the pressie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Yi Chin and the gang for the surprise!!Hehe..really appreciate it =) Sorry for asking u too much questions tat nite..haha.:D

YicHiN said...

wah....u finally comment!!!!
I m so SOOOOOOO TOUCHED!

fatinnRahman said...

wahhhh~ nwl comment nieh!!!! haha