Pages

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Post Bersatu Games updates

Bersatu Games finally has come to an end.
After so many days of hard work & sleepless nights, I am so so relief that its over. Although bad weather hits Welly these days, but I m glad to meet up with my intec buddies again! I m sure that others also agree that Bersatu games makes ppl mingle around and makes new frenz! hehe

One wk b4 bersatu games, evythg seems to be quite a rush n evy1 seems to emo.. starting with the liaison officer task by doing the contingent tag n settle their accom was quite a lot to do…almost evy night, i m working on how to improve the décor stuff for closing dinner…Thanks to the volunteers who helped out in completing part of the jobs for me n jenny=)




My tag for Bersatu Games 2008'

Talking about money, BUdget is another thing that trouble the mgmt team alot...we were quite frust working under budget set up by the finance dept...Personally, i feel that if v wan the best to be presentable to others, we need to work out the very best...anyhow, i hv sacrifice alot by buying those materials to come out with the best design for the decor of the dinner..
On the first day was the Opening ceremony for Bersatu Games. Being the liaison officer, wat v do basically was welcoming the contingent , helping them with checking in accom n bringing them to Welly High Sch, where the opening ceremony was held..thankfully Petsoc, the contingent i in charge with still quite easy to handle;) The ceremony was not too bad…just that the Dato make us so pik chik…jz bcoz of him we hav to do a mock ceremnony JUST for HIM..adoi..well, things were still under ctrl.I guess this yr opening somehow will be better coz of the excellent performance by Arus n Haka…


@ opening ceremony

After the opening , i hav been hearing C-O-M-P-L-A-I-N-T-s.hmm... ppl just love to complain.. evy single thing they could think of..well, I hav been hearing complaints bout bad management of this yr bersatu committee…I guess I hav been fed up with this, seriously so…being part of the team, deeply in my heart, I felt sad n disappointed..probably ppl cant see how much hard work all of us hav commited for the games… Ppl just see the outcome..sigh worse so for liaison officers, v deal with the contingent in the 1st place, so if anythg goes wrong, v r the 1st kena marah…sigh


Many things are beyond expectation…like the weather for the first day of the Games... the WORST weather ever v hav in welly… raining cat n dogs n its so windy…whole day so cold n wet!

around 5stg, I ady woke up..

hearing heavy raindrops & strong winds…

make me feel so gloomy n afraid..

its so hard to brave myself out of the hse...

Its quite a long way to reach X base bckpackers

the sky was still dark n gloomy…

no bus and start thinking of taxi but expensive…sigh=(

finally 6.15am, I braved myself out of the hse, with umbrella in my hands & all waterproof jackets.. The wind is too strong till I gv up using the umbrella…I walked as fast as I could, passing the graveyard at kelburn, down to willis street…by the time I m heading Courtney place, I m ady soaking wet! That moment, i hated so much welly weather! n i was kind of freak out taking up the liaison officer job..By the time I reached Xbase, my jeans is so so heavy n wet…I went straight to the washroom to dry up as much as i can...

I went along with the contingent to the sports venue at Hataitai…that morning is such a mess…netball is supposed to be played outdoor, but looking at such weather, I dunno how to tell those participants to play in such slippery court… letting all participants to go into shelter... the liaison officers, which is me, irin & shaza together with kak farah standing in the rain…so cold but still v need to be a good host rite..sigh...cold~~~


badminton court on the other hand is not open too..participants waited so impatiently out of the court, n participants started to growl n complain wat is this yr bersatu committee doing… :S when kak farah told me the court will only open at 10am, I was so shocked…u ask the players reach by 8am but how u gonna tell them u will need to stand under this weather for 2 more hrs…so happen its Sunday, alamak nz ppl will be so lazy to entertain us…luckily sufya managed to get the person in charge a call n it was thankful that the person holding the key waswilling to come in 10 mins time to unlock the door! Wan ling keep texting me that ppl started scolding, so after I got this good news, me n irin went over to the badminton court to inform them…at least v try to comfort them n make their anger tone down..

Even though the netball n badminton court is not very far away, but walking over from 1 place to another took ages!i hated so much to walk pass the hataitai park , even more worst walking under this super cold weather=( imagine u were walking against the wind…feel so irritated when all the wind n raindrops splashing all over the faces…argh! That moment I feel like shouting! worst till, the washroom in the badminton court got no heater...i was shivering like mad tht day.. wat heat me up was only the interesting match that took place! especially the doubles by wan ling & firdaus n kay & justin..woo hoo~ good job guys! i still rmb how anxious me n vivian were, popping up n down follow the shuttlecock...hahaha n how hapi v were jumping up n down when u all won! wmso proud of u=)

to be continued...

No comments: