Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

miserable start

First week of 2nd sem supposed to be the most relaxing wk for the whole semester.. Yet for me..turned out to be quite a mess…
Wat I hav been doing these days? I m supposed to keep up with lectures n at least revising some of work..but i hav been doing ntg n I doesn’t really paying attention on lectures especially accy 225...things just don’t go into my brain… sigh

Mon night was still in a happy mode, me,wyne,wan ling, poh yee n wei jiet n elun were having fun eating Hell’s pizza at Syn Bar…Its monday, so u can eat all you want pizza for only 12 bucks, that is so worth it!=) There are all sorts of choices available...i feel so So fattening after eating so many slices of Pizzas =S Once in a while..that is the only reason i could comfort myself... =p


We caught elun for surprise for his belated bday celebration! aha...n Yay! v managed to make it a Surprise! hehehe he was so shocked when i brought out the yummy choco mud cake out of no where...hahaha Happy 22nd Elun!

off the wk, I hav been troubled by my passport with my air tickets.. beginning of the wk, i tot of booking my air ticket back home so that I hav no more frust esp in this ever increasing air fare situations..
I m so hapi that MAS has enabled the e-ticket service n now we are allow to select seats when v purchase our tickets online.. I even forwarded 2000 dollar to my credit card, prepared evythg..BUT nvr EVER think of the hassle is my passport expiry date… as my passport gonna expires on Jan 2009, the stupid MAs website don’t allow me to buy a return ticket! That time I was SOooo panic…as I tot if I need to renew my passport now, it will take ages.. when I knew that renew passport via high comm. takes 3 to 4 mths I began so wori..
I talked to my brother asked for help..i even talked to the lady in charge of the passport at high comm… Bro keep asking me to get my passport renew so that I can save more compared to I buy only one way ticket…well, that sounds logic..
In the midst of working out the best way to deal with this problem, I asked high comm. how to do express processing for the renewal of passport as my case is very urgent (well, to me, it is extreme urgent =p!) but u know how m'sia govt works..dont u? the lady told me the only way I want it faster is to send my application to immigration dept in putrajaya by my own as high comm. only send in application evy end of the mth.. well, i was kinda frust…so I tot there are no other options available for me, wat i can do is renew my passport here via hicom...so i began bz doing all photocopies of passport,ic n getting letter of confirmation n even spend 5 bucks to get a 120nzd bank cheque (as in high comm. only accept bank cheque..ok fine with that…*frust frust*)

n I hav to get a prepaid courier bag so that immigration can send me bck my new passport to me in the fastest way… here comes another problem ;S I hav make enquiries major international courier like DHL, Fedex n NZ post, all of them don’t hav this kind of prepaid envelope.. sigh..dunno wat to do at the moment… wonder y I hav been sent to nz where anythg is not accessible…

I contacted my parents at last.. as I was thinking if I send it back to them will be more secured n asked them to renew my passport for me n send it bck to me… well, my dad, super wori type, obviously will be anxious on this method as if passport is lost in the journey then it gonna be big deal... the nex day he went over to immigration to ask for my behalf… n thankfully my bro oso hav suggested me to ask travel agent for buying my tickets as airline website might hav some security precaution measure...

I still rmb that night I m so puzzled, hoping for stg good will happen the nex day…
Ha..i m so relieved the nex day when those travel agent told me they see no problem for my passport expiry date approaching soon…they could help me get the air ticket…that is a really good news! yippie =)Just that u know…agent for sure charged more..i hav no choice with that since there are no other options left for me….as long as I can go home n buy a return ticket, all things will be settled.. I went to quite a few travel agents to quote a price..apparently, there will be some really cheap one which is about 1600 nzd n some are quite costly..
Hmm problem lies on reliability of the agent... probably wat mum said was right...its not goin to worth it to save that few hundred n buy from those air ticket from not so reliable agent…
I hav also get answer from immigration that there is no problem of I m goin home as long as my passport dint expire before the date I go home…
Finally i got my ticket booked today…so hapi that things are settled at the moment…at least I can sleep more blissfully right on...

No comments: