Pages

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Bersatu update 2

On the 2nd day, min yu helped me take over the liaison officer job… I hav to go Westpac stadium to hav a look again at the venue to hav a further planning for the closing dinner…on the way back, nadiah gav me a lift… n this is the 1st time I ride scooter…quite afraid at the start…but after a while..i found that it was quite fun as long as I don’t lose the balance :p in welly I think u seriously need a helmet coz the wind is too chilly that is hurting… I guess in m’sia, with helmet, u sweat… I wonder when is the nex chance i m on a scooter…hehe
That night v hav a mini gathering with chiann,boon, roger, christine n hui ling at ‘Cha’…so hapi n fun of meeting them again =)

The next day, as usual, around7.15am, I reached Xbase, make sure all of the contingent on bus… 2day was more fun than previous days.. weather is much better, at least no rain but still chilly cold.. things are better managed as all sports are held at only one place --> Welly Indoor Sports at Newtown. Sports of the day were Futsal, volleyball & basketball...Futsal n volley were interesting… probably coz wmso contingent perform well =D haha Futsal is really interesting especially with the guys cheering for the teams respectively! The spirit was really there;) I missed basketball match coz I need to rush to queensgate to get some materials for the dinner décor… that is preety sad as I miss out some cool stunts performed by those cute guys..hahaha XP ok…stop nonsense… i m quite hapi that I managed to get some new ideas after the trip to queensgate $2 shop.. yet, I m tired of taking bus to n fro…till I fall aslp in the bus..thankfully I didn’t miss the bus stop…around evening, rain again…I m tired…but hav promised to take chiann they all to strawberry fare for nicest cake delight! Boon brought along his new frenz from Lincoln..nice knowing all of u , Kim, Raymond,Eugene, Rolland,Royce n Han… all fun to mix around although occasionally teasing me, the only one from welly abt the bersatu mgmt n stuff…well, I try not to mind.. as usual, dessert is good=) under my recommendation, I m sure evy1 has been fascinated by the superb yummy cakes=)

3rd July…the las day for bersatu…the day where closing dinner is held…
@ westpac stadium
As early as 9am, I went down to mckenzis to hav all my décor placed there, then went over to New World to get a fruit basket as a token of appreciation for Dato. Thanks to Wyne & Wan ling who went over to help me with all the décor…there are a few volunteers who went n helped out too…but just a few;S sigh..at least better than none la.. but..things doesn’t turn out to be dat perfect.. the double sided tape dint really work well with the cement pillar as most of the décor that put up keep on falling off…sigh=( I think I m gonna go mad n panic…thanks to nadiah who comforted me a lot n helped me in re-think of the design n stuff again…there are also huge changes in the placement of vip tables n the widening of the so called ‘stage’.. so many things las minute change…so I tried my best to put up all the décor…kinda disappointed that doesn’t really make it the ideal design I want but ah…time was running short n so....many things just forget it…

never undermine all these little decor...the 'gingerbreadman' for table decor...the glitter flowers for the hanging decor & the crew corsage...all done in full commitment!

thanks to my roomie who hav helped me in styling up my hair for dinner!That night dinner was not too bad…although I need to keep on ensuring the vip are ok, i still got the chance to sit down n savour the meal.. 1 thing that went out of ctrl is the serving of ham in the main course to the vips.. all of us was shocked…in fast mode, ask the dining ppl to replace the main dish again... westpac is supposed to be supported by professional service n halal food shud be served but i hav no idea wat is happenng.. v asked farah to claim for discount since this was their fault… even some participants questioned me how this could hav happen n they hav lose trust on the halal-ness of the food…well, no one expect this to happen ok…

Food for the night…lots variety…starters - pumpkin potatoes + beetroot still not too bad.. rice + chicken still ok, but the vege is tasteless yet the nicest is the lamb steak =)
I hav a kinda high expectation on dessert..but wat turn out to be abit sad, the lemon cheesecake tasted bit weird…choco brownies still pretty good=)

dessert of the day:)
although that there are some minor flaws here n there throughout the dinner, but without the commitment n teamwork of ppl as a whole, there will nvr be a success…thanks to evy1 who chip in n make this Bersatu Games a success! I m glad that evy1 has dressed up pretty –ly, elegantly ,handsomely for the night , I hope evy1 has enjoyed themselves~~~

some snapshots for the night:


all the gals n the only photographer? *grins* the committee
with vivian & qi su
with kak farah
with Swwweeet Jenny=)
Aunty Indriani
With Ck
Boon!
With Nisrin... with Kim
with elun
with Ying Swan, UMSA president
with Aio
with Mawi
Vivi & I
Jiejah,Mirah,Nad, Me, Izzati & sheng
Firdaus, Najwa, Me & Iynas
Chiann, Hui Ling & christine With Farid, petsoc head contingent dear Qi su
THUMB UP to those who hav chip in n helped =) Much appreciated…
Especially to...
The committee for Bersatu, regardless of sports, mgmt, multimedia, the supporters n volunteers, without all of u , the bersatu games this yr will not be success=) goodluck to UMsa, nex yr is ur turn=P

Sincerely, good job for the closing dinner committee, it has been so fun working with all of u…a big hug to farah mexx, I think u hav did a really good job in ensuring the success of opening n closing ceremony.. sincere thanks to nadiah who keep on encouraging me n supporting in wateva I do! That is so touching:)

Thanks to Vivian, Wan ling & Wyne who hav helped me a lot in doing the decoration for the closing dinner =) thanks to jenny, fazuin & all the volunteers who hav helped in doing the preparation… my big gratitude to all of u =)


Special thanks to Min yu, my good assistance for the liaison officer, thanks to u in helping me in when I m not around n bz with others… thank you so much for reducing my burden=)

2 comments:

FM said...

*a big hug*

thanks to u yichin :) there will be no dinner for BERSATU without you guys. i miss working with you guys!

YicHiN said...

U r welcome! =)

Yeah, nice working with all of u!